Wickedly delicious to eat, this berry-glazed chocolate cake is really quite simple to make!
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate
- pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, juice, oil and extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Brush over cake. Let stand for 10 minutes or until set.
- Place cocoa in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and butter until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Let stand until set.
Yield: 12 servings
Happy Mother’s Day From all of us at “Sweet Treats Saturday!“