- 2 eggs
- 1 cup margarine/butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 can beer, 16 oz.
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 3 cups flour
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix. Sift dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to mixture alternately with beer. Beat well. Bake in a greased and floured pan at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat
- ½ cup minced onion
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 – 9 inch deep dish pie shell
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl. Whisk in the mayonnaise, flour, milk, salt and black pepper. Stir in the bell pepper, crabmeat, onion and bacon. Prick the pie shell 5 times. Sprinkle the grated Cheddar over the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg mixture on top of the cheese. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Coconut Fruit Salad
- 1 – 15 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 – 15.25 oz. can apricots, drained and diced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¾ cup sour cream, kept very cold
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 2 tbsp. sugar
Combine the oranges, pineapple, grapes, apricots, marshmallows and flaked coconut in a large bowl. Using a very cold whisk and a very cold, large bowl, whip the sour cream, coconut extract and sugar until fluffy. Fold the fruit mixture into the sour cream mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.