A truly versatile dish for A Little Light Lunch,
serve with our sesame asparagus or a green salad.
A great get together supper for all. Enjoy!
1 prepared pie crust
- 1 cup nonfat or light ricotta cheese
- ½ cup nonfat or low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup frozen cholesterol-free egg product, defrosted, or 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine filling ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Spoon into prepared crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle remaining ingredients evenly over tomato.
Bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- 20 spears fresh asparagus
- 10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
Fill a small sauce pan with ½ inch water. Bring to boil and add asparagus. Cover for 6-7 minutes or until bright green. Place the mushrooms into the water with the asparagus about 3 minutes before the asparagus is cooked. Drain and plunge the asparagus into cold water to retard the cooking process.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil and lemon juice and stir in the sliced mushrooms and sesame seeds.
Place the vegetable in a serving bowl and sprinkle a few extra sesame seeds on top for garnish.