- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped well drained maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup chopped blanched almonds
- Cherry glaze (below)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 24 miniature muffin cups, 1 ¾ x 1 inch, or 12 medium muffin cups, 2 ½ x 1 ¼ inches, or line with paper baking cups. Beat sugar, butter, milk and egg in medium bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in cherries and almonds. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Drizzle cherry glazed over warm muffins. Serve warm if desired.
Makes 24 Miniature Muffins or 12 regular muffins
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- Mix ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.