- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 cup beer or beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound corkscrew-shaped or elbow pasta with lines, cooked to al dente and drained
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
In a big, deep pot, brown beef in extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic. Season with chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and salt. Cook 5 minutes, then stir in beer or broth, reduce liquid by half, 2 minutes. Stir in both cans of tomatoes and simmer. Add hot pasta to pot and stir to coat pasta evenly. Remove from heat and garnish big bowlfuls of Chili Mac with chopped scallions. Serve with green salad on the side.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
One thought on “A Great Chili Recipe”