- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Food coloring to decorate, if desired
- Raspberry jam, to decorate, if desired
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Sift the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Fill the paper liners three-quarters full with the batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden. Cool on a wire rack. To make the frosting, mix the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, and butter with a little hot water until smooth. Divide and color with food coloring if desired. Spread over the cakes. Drizzle with raspberry jam if desired.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.