For The Crust:
- Two 9-inch pastry pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons cold butter divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place 1tablespoon butter and flour in bottom of unbaked pie crust. In a bowl, add sugar, tapioca and cinnamon to beaten eggs mixture. Fold in peaches and pour into prepared pie crust. Cover with lattice crust and dot with remaining butter. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for additional 25 minutes. This is delicious served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.