Hawaiian Wedding Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 packet (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 oz., one 8 oz.) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 oz.) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
In a bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites, and egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer into two 9 inch cake pans that have been coated in cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk and pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in refrigerator.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.