- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 eggs
- 10 slices (1 inch thick) French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Blueberry or maple syrup, if desired
Generously grease 2 ½ quart casserole or 13x9x3 inches rectangular baking dish. Beat flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in large bowl with hand beater until smooth. Stir in bread cubes until coated. Pour bread mixture into pan. Top evenly with cream cheese, blueberries and nuts. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.