American Apple Pie
1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flout
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9 inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom of pie dish.
- In a large bowl mix filling ingredients, spoon into crust lined pie dish. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal, flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and pie crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2 to 4 inch wide strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.