Tropical Storm Pie
For the crust:
- One 9-inch graham cracker crust, baked for 10 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 banana
- ½ (20 oz.) can or 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained and reserve juice
- 1 (20 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups whipped cream (optional)
- ½ cup flaked coconut (optional)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (optional)
- Maraschino cherries, about one dozen (optional)
With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk, mixing on low speed until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla and pour into the crust. Place pie into refrigerator for at least 2 hours, until well chilled and set.
Slice banana and place in bowl. Pour reserved pineapple juice over the bananas and let sit for 10 minutes to preserve the bananas and keep them from browning on the pie. After the bananas sit, drain and place bananas on cream cheese layer. Spread the pineapple over bananas. Next, spread the cherry pie filling on the pineapples.
Decorate with the whipped topping. Sprinkle the coconut and macadamia nuts on top and decorate the edges with maraschino cherries, if desired
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.