Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1 package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 cup stout beer
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons Irish cream liquor, like Bailey’s
- Liquid green food coloring
- 24 gold chocolate coins
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12 well muffin pans with liners. Prepare cake mix as package directs, substituting stout for water called for. Divide batter evenly among liners. Bake 17 minutes or until done. Let cool.
Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese, butter and 2 tablespoons Irish cream 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth, adding more Irish cream 1 teaspoon at a time to reach desired consistency. Tint pale green. Pipe evenly over tops of cupcakes. Garnish with gold coins.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.