Roasted Garlic Bean Dip
- 1 head garlic
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 to 3 rutabagas, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 – 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, liquid reserved
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pita chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the top off of garlic, exposing the cloves. Place on a sheet of foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap up the garlic tightly and roast until soft, 20 to 30 minutes; let cool slightly. Squeeze out the roasted garlic.
Meanwhile, drizzle a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the carrots and rutabagas, season with salt and pepper and toss. Roast until veggies are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine the beans, lemon zest and juice, thyme, roasted garlic and the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until nice and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. If the dip is too thick, blend in some of the liquid from the beans (or low sodium vegetable broth). Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with the roasted vegetable sticks and pita chips.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.