Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice. In another bowl, beat the pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of spoon.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
In a bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.