Beef And Mashed Potato Casserole
- 8 medium Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cups diced sweet potato
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground round or ground sirloin beef
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain them and return them to the saucepan. Pour in the milk, then mash the potatoes well.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in another saucepan, cook the sweet potato and carrot in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain them and coarsely mash.
- Cook the onion, ground beef and cinnamon in a large saucepan for 5 minutes, until the meat is completely brown. Add the stock, the mashed sweet potato and carrot mixture, and the tomatoes to the meat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the peas, give it a stir and transfer it to a 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan or ovenproof serving dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, place the pan or dish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden on top.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products. http://www.thasc.com