Cheese & Ham Loaf
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese
- ½ cup smoked ham, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- Thoroughly grease a 1 pound loaf pan and line the base with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and paprika into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and ham.
- Add the beaten eggs and milk to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the cheese and ham mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the mixture in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, or until the loaf is well risen.
- Let the bread cool in the pan, then turn out, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the bread cut into thick slices.
Cook’s Tip: This tasty bread is best eaten on the day it is made, as it does not keep well for very long.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products. www.thasc.com
Like Us On Facebook. www.facebook.com/thasc1977