- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp cheese
- 2/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Mix flour and cheese together in a bowl.
- Add the butter to the cheese and flour mixture and mix with your fingers until combined.
- Stir in the egg yolk and mix to form dough. Wrap the dough and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the cheese dough thinly. Cut out 2 ½ inch rounds, re-rolling the trimmings to make about 35 rounds.
- Place the rounds onto the prepared cookie sheets and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top of them.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, until the cookies are a light golden color.
- Transfer the cheese cookies to a wire rack and cool slightly before serving.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.www.thasc.com
Like Us On Facebook. www.facebook.com/thasc1977