Count Down To Valentine’s Day
These cupcakes are great to share with you Valentine!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (reserve some for the frosting)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops of red food coloring
Lemonade Butter Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons pink lemonade concentrate (leftover form the cupcake ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon light whipping cream
- 2 drops red food coloring
To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners. In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the flour, sugar and butter on low speed until you get a sandy mixture. Add the lemonade, buttermilk, egg and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until well combined. Add the food coloring, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Scoop the batter into the paper liners (2/3 full). Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar, butter, lemonade and cream. Using an electric mixer, beat until the frosting is fluffy. Add the food coloring, continuing to mix until the color is uniformly pink. Spread on the cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 servings
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
Like Us On Facebook