You will need…
- 1 lemon or orange cake mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
And for the glaze…
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
What to do…
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and remaining cake mix. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into greased 8 in. x 4 in. x 2 in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine confectioners’ sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.