- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups lemon-lime soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, soda, eggs, and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13”x9”x2” baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, eggs, butter and pineapple. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160 degrees or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut. Spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate.
YIELD: 12-16 servings