- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint flavoring
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, beating well. Stir in flavorings. Gradually add flour; mix well. Stir in crushed candy.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, and roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove immediately from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
Makes 18 cookies