- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 14 tbsp reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the remaining batter. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350 degrees for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and enter tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with 1 tbsp whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Yield: 14 servings