- 1 pkg. (2 layer size) spice cake mix
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup Planters Chopped Pecans, divided
- 2 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, stirring in carrots, pineapple and 3/4 cup of the pecans until well blended. Pour into 2 (9 inch) square baking pans. Bake 25-30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of first cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.