Pumpkin or Apple Pie not your thing? Try a Cherry Pie.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling (or your favorite pie filling)
Vanilla Wafer Piecrust
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- ¾ stick (6 tablespoons) butter, melted
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
Making the crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pat into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown, then line with vanilla wafers. Let cool before filling.
Making the pie: In a large mixing bowl, with the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the condensed milk and lemon juice, and beat until no lumps remain. Pour into the prepared piecrust and refrigerate for at least four hours. Overnight is best. Top with pie filling and serve.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.