This cake is wonderful just as it is.
Adding the glaze is a fabulous way to bring more razzamatazz to your cake.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 carton sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
For optional glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tspn grated orange zest
- 1 to 2 tbspn orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the Bundt pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, sugar, and sour cream. Add the eggs on at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the cake starts to pull away at the sides and a toothpick inserted neat the center comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
- Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you’re in a hurry, put it right on a cake plate.
- Optional: Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over the top of the cake while it’s still warm