The perfect time of the year to start thinking about pie-making. This pie is a keeper!
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 40 min
Ready: 120 min
Yield: 8 servings
- Double crust classic crisco pie crust
- 6 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Pillsbury Best all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough from bottom crust. Place in 9in pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough trim even with pie plate.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust. Roll out dough for top crust and place onto filled pie. Trim ½ inch beyond edge, fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal, crimp and flute edges, cut splits in top crust or pick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.