Have fun and make a cake for Grandma & Grandpa for
Grandparents Day, Sunday, September 13th.
You will need:
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 can frosting (you can make Grandma/Grandpa any color you want)
- 1 tube red frosting (to decorate face – you can use other colors too)
- 1 store-bought mini cupcake (for nose)
- 4 cookies (for eyes and ears)
- Shredded coconut (for hair – use food coloring to change the color of shredded coconut)
- Follow directions on the cake mix box for a one layer cake. (You should use a 9 inch round cake pan). Let cake cool.
- Remove cake from pan and put it on a plate larger than the cake itself. That leaves extra room for drips!
- Frost cake all over top and around sides using a spatula. Make swirls for the cheeks and “draw” a smile into the frosting for the mouth.
- Place the cupcake in the center for the nose.
- Squeeze the tube of frosting to create his eyebrows, mustache, eyeglasses, and smile. Mix frosting for cheeks.
- Add cookies for ears and eyes and coconut for hair.