- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (3 oz each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream for filling
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, drink mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two 9 inch, ungreased pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cakes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place filling between the two cakes.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield 12-15 servings
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.