- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- ¾ to 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- ¾ teaspoon orange extract
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Blueberries, mandarin oranges, strawberries and kiwi fruit
Drain oranges, reserving juice in a 2 cup measuring cup; add enough orange juice to measure 1 ¾ cups and set aside. Finely chop oranges; drain well and set aside.
Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding the orange extract and food coloring if desired with the water. Fold in the chopped oranges. Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan. Bake according to package directions.
In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the reserved orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature. Slice cake; serve with fruit and orange sauce.
Yield: 12-16 Servings
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.