Today’s Little Light Lunch is a Delicious Chicken Salad Sushi Roll.
We served our Rolls with a Simple Celery Soup.
You can halve the Sushi Roll recipe if you wish, and use Pre-sliced Chicken from the Deli.
Let’s get rolling!
- 6 (6 to 8 inch) whole wheat or veggie tortillas
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice, cooled
- 1 purchased rotisserie chicken, sliced into thin strips, skin removed
- 1 cup matchstick sliced carrots
- 1 cup matchstick sliced and peeled apples
- 6 to 8 plum or cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- Lay out 6 tortillas. Spread equal amounts of rice onto each tortilla, spreading the rice almost to the edge of the tortilla.
- Place 2 to 3 chicken strips about 1 inch off center on each tortilla. Place 2 to 4 sliced carrots and apples on top of the chicken.
- Begin to roll up each tortilla starting on the side close to the chicken. Make the roll as tight as possible. Continue until all tortillas are securely wrapped. Wrap each rolled tortilla in foil or waxed paper. Place them on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Take rolls from refrigerator and remove foil or waxed paper. With a serrated knife, cut each roll into 5 “sushi slices.” Top each slice with chopped tomatoes, grated carrots or tiny slivers of apple.
- 6 Stalks of chopped Celery or about 2 cups
- 4 Cups of Organic vegetable Broth
Bring your broth to a boil, Turn Down the heat to a simmer, add the celery. Simmer for about 30 Minutes. Add your own seasoning about 10 Minutes before the Soup is ready.