- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 6 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 10 inch ungreased tube pan. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate.
Cut a 1 inch slice off the top of the cake; set aside. To make a tunnel, carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1 inch shell. Tear removed cake into 1 inch cubes.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in extract and food coloring if desired. Stir in cake cubes and strawberries. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
Fill tunnel with strawberry mixture; replace cake top. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.