Rich chocolatey goodness!
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners and then place on a cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt the milk chocolate chips with the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate-butter mixture into a large mixing bowl and add buttermilk, sugar, egg and vanilla. Blend ingredients until smooth with a whisk.
- With a spatula, stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Spoon the batter equally between the paper liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of muffins are puffed and slightly cracked. Remove muffin tin from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes before removing the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo by THASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
Love love love chocolate. These are a must to try!