A moist chocolate cupcake with a fun cream filling and shiny chocolate frosting. These cupcakes are sure to become a “Sweet Treat Saturday” favorite!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar marshmallow crème
- ½ cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
What to do:
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the marshmallow crème, shortening, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; add the salt mixture.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert round pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with cream; stir until smooth. Cool. Dip cupcake tops into frosting; chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 2 dozen