June bride? Or just a delicious cookie for any occasion.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
You will need…
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chopped almonds (chopped small)
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and water. Add the flour and almonds, mix until blended. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Shape dough into balls. Place on an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to cool on a wire rack. When cookies are almost cool, roll in confectioners’ sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.