This wonderful sweet, moist cake can be enjoyed all year long.
Please add this recipe to your “Sweet Treat Saturday” to do list.
You will be glad you did!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 & ¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, egg substitute, juice concentrate, water poppy seeds and extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Coat a 10 inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly in pan. Pour batter into pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.
Yield: 14 servings.
Tested in the THASC kitchen. Photo byTHASC.
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.