Welcome to this week’s Sweet Treat Saturday! Try this delicious recipe for a rich dessert with crushed candy bars in it. No need to feel guilty having a serving because it is only 250 calories, 4 grams of fat & 2 mg of cholesterol!
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 & 1/3 cups water
- 5 egg whites
- 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 5 fun-size Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 minutes. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cake. Slowly pour condensed milk and caramel topping over cake; sprinkle with two-thirds of the crushed candy bars. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining candy bars. Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 18 Servings