Served with fresh strawberries, this delightful cake, with its mild lemon-flavored glaze, will soon become a go-to recipe for your family and friends.
- 1 package light yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg substitute, yogurt and lemon peel. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Fill center of cake with strawberries.