Lots Of Eggs
- 1 quart scalded milk
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- 2 ounces brandy
- 10 eggs, whipped
- 2 pounds of 1/2 inch cubed stale bread
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cut bread a day ahead to allow drying. Put bread into 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Put milk and butter in pan and heat on stove until just below boiling point, 180 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar and spices. Slowly add milk to egg and sugar mixture while whisking. Then add brandy. Add to bread using hands or a spoon to thoroughly soak bread.
- Bake until skewer or knife comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.