- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup currant jelly, warmed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla. Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch heart shaped or round baking pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
While cakes are still warm, poke several holes in cakes with a meat fork or wooden skewer to within 1/4 inch of bottom. Brush jelly over top and sides of cakes.
In a small saucepan, combine cream and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Brush over top and sides of cakes several times, allowing mixture to absorb between brushings. Cool completely.
In a large bowl beat frosting until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Garnish with berries. Refrigerate 2 hours before cutting.