by Maria Libera Vallone
My Dad was always the main cook in the family. He told me that his mother Libera (for whom I’m named) taught all of her children that they should all know how to cook, Heaven forbid they should find themselves alone or not marry! He taught me most of what I know about cooking.
I chose an easy preparation that can be done in about 45 minutes:
Chicken alla Parmigiana
You’ll need the following:
1) 1-2lbs of chicken breast sliced thin
2) your favorite marinara sauce
3) flour ( I use Wonder all purpose flour by Gold medal)
4) eggs 2-4 depending on how many cutlets you make (beaten)
5) virgin olive oil
6) 1-2 packages of sliced mozzarella cheese
7) grated parmigiano cheese
8) plain or Italian breadcrumbs
9) fresh Italian parsley for garnish
1) Pound the cutlets so they are thin but not flimsy.
2) Remember the month of Feb (Flour, Egg, Breadcrumbs) in that order and dip each cultlet in each(flour, the egg, then breadcrumbs) until they are all covered with breadcrumbs.
3) In a big lasagna casserole dish cover the bottom in olive oil and place the cutlets in the dish for baking.
4) Bake at 350o for about 15 minutes each side (golden brown)
5) Cover each cutlet first with mozzarella cheese and then with sauce and bake again until the cheese melts
6) Top with parmesan grated cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
Let me know how you WOW your guests!! Straight from the THASC kitchen!
BUON APPETITO !!!!!!!!
THASC is a unique small American business producing cards and other promotional products.
here is a test
I love chicken recipes of all kinds.
That chicken recipe looks so good. I make a chicken recipe similar to that. This one looks much better, and it seems easy to make. I will have to give it a try. Keep up the good Italian recipes, everyone’s going to love them!!
Can’t wait to try!